Job Purpose :
- The Risk Management Officer is responsible for ensuring that Al Ain Finance (AAF) maintains an adequate and effective Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program thus ensuring AAF is in full compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and internal policies, procedures, and processes.
Job Responsibilities :
- Responsible for developing Integrated Risk Management Framework covering market, operational, credit, liquidity and business continuity management and enterprise risk management and enable effective implementation of the risk management program across AAF
- Develop Risk Appetite Statement and ensure AAF’s operations are within acceptable risk appetite.
- Establishing, maintaining and/or implementing risk strategies, policies, processes, guidelines, performance metrics and monitoring systems to detect and prevent potential abuse and vulnerabilities.
- Design and ensure sufficient risk management tools and controls to ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements / expectation, and support business growth and expansion
- Must be independent from the first line of defense (being the risk generating business line) with a direct reporting line to Risk Committee with a dotted line to the CEO
- Provide strategic directions to improve and implement risk management frameworks, policies, guidelines/procedures, methodologies and reporting in alignment with the business objectives of AAF.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with group frameworks, policies, guidelines/procedures, and methodologies for market, operational, credit, liquidity, business continuity management and enterprise risk management.
- Oversee the risk management functions on market risk, operational risk, credit risk, liquidity risk, credit management, retail credit, business continuity management and enterprise risk management to ensure effective reporting of non-compliance to Senior Management, Management and Board Level Committees.
- Escalate to management’s attention serious risk events, or where risk tolerances have been breached, for notifying regulators as appropriate.
- Proactively work and cooperate with all other functions and key stakeholders to ensure that the AAF’s objectives are achieved, and risks are mitigated.
- Continuously assess the risk environment for AAF, track new or revised regulations and operating conditions; and implement internal policies, procedures and processes to ensure the AAF’s risk profile remains relevant and all risks are management within acceptable tolerance levels.
- Embed a culture of effective Risk Management within the day to day operation of the business.
Job Experience and Skills :
- A Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in, Banking, Finance, or Commerce
- A minimum of 5 years of Risk Management experience preferably with a reputable bank or financial institution. Excellent written and spoken English Language skills.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong risk assessment skills
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving skills
- Self-starter who can work with minimum supervision and a team player
- Working under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills